Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Walking On Sunshine!

I dragged my family and relocated to another state and was a big ole meanie wife and mother! I asked my husband to quit his cushy Chemistry teaching job which was on route to tenure at a reputable High School to support me and my Insurance Sales career. Why Not? I had supported him through Chiropractic school and post graduate hell so why not?
We've been settled not even two weeks and he has had the time to decide whether to transfer his Teaching license, his Chirpractic Physician license, or both to our new home. One of my insurance members refused to join the plan I was selling her if her chiropractor wasn't on it. I looked in to it and sure enough he wasn't participating on it so I told my memeber I would go talk to him because I spoke Chirorpactic because I am married to one.

The next day this member called me and told me she just got home from her chiropractors office and let him know I was going to be coming and that my husband was looking for a job. She said he told her to tell me to come in and bring my husband with me so we did just that a couple days ago!

When we walked in there was a front desk employee (always a good sign) and Standard Process nutritional supplements on display along with a TV looping fantastic information they were too busy to see us. At our second stop in that day due to his business, I was still suspicious. It turns out he was open to joining my insurance plan and retiring and meeting to negotiate the possible scenerios about my husband taking over his practice. Lunch was planned for tomorrow. I wasn't too excited about it because it felt like the exact scenerio we've already been through. "Retiring" doc seeking to sell and bow out gracefully.

Meanwhile, yesterday my husband chose his favorite 7 local chiropractors and stopped in to a few gleaning two job interviews today. The first interview went extremely well. They specialize in Family Wellness and owned a Subluxation Station. She offered a salary plus bonus with the understanding she is looking for her associate to do exactly what she does. His second interview went very well too and basically hired him on the spot with a thousand more a month plus bonus. Looks like we'll be getting that Chiroractic license effective immediately.....

I'm walking on sunshine.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sunshine Sophia,

    This is most excellent! I'm so happy for you both. I really think you can be proud of yourself --I hope you've realized this several times already-- for your contributions to the beginnings of your husband's success. By supporting him in many ways, &by writing your blog, you both have"come a long way, baby."

    I've experienced it a few times in my life where one's best success often comes after you've hit & gone through"rock bottom." I honestly hope both of you are happier & financially well off from this relocation you have just done & from the opportunities there. It sounds like the best is certainly yet to come. PLEASE keep us up-to-date.

    In hindsight, I'd like to share with you that I'd heard within the last few years --as I myself had been looking into the possibility of moving to Utah to practice-- that it could be unusually difficult to get started there, especially if someone was not of predominantly-accepted beliefs of the area. I'd heard, when speaking with locals in or from these areas, that Utah and also parts of Nevada can be especially difficult to begin any new or small business--even before Nevada was so hard-hit from this recession. Something to do with the local economic and maybe even political histories there. Needless to say, I was very disappointed by this because these areas otherwise would have been my first choices.

    I'd have told this to you earlier if I had seen your blog sooner than this week. I had ignored all chiro-naysayers&any negative information about it but went on with things as best I could before I discovered your blog&became an avid reader of it. I myself had already,on my own,come to many of the very same conclusions you&your husband had about the chiropractic field. And I'd already decided to leave the field but keep my chiro license active as long as I could so that I could still practice if&when the right opportunity came along.

    From reading your recent post, I'm glad I decided to not let my license lapse yet. You&your husband have inspired me to keep it & to keep trying, even if it takes much longer than it has already--because I have to financially survive in the meantime. (I have no spouse to support me & I do not come from any money whatsoever).

    Count yourself as blessed,& please share your upcoming experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Well well bogus... I'm glad you are still trucking! The primary goal of this blog is prevention. To prevent those who are interested in ever becoming a chiropractor from actually begining the process. The professional route to do so is misleading and devistating. Since you are already where we are, it is nice to know that we are all in this together.

      Yes... keep the license but find a partner who can launch you in to the sky! Chiropractors are like kites... it's hard for a kite to fly itself. I had to run when there was no wind and got tired so I created my own wind and to my surprise my husband soared unexpectedly so high I am holding that string at the very tip! I highly recommend you find a person or situation that launches you as well....

      Delete
  2. Curious to know how things are doing now? I've been in practice 6 years and crashed and burned 3 times. Once on my own and 2x working for sociopaths. I cancelled my malpractice and license in July and took a job as a lab tech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    I appreciate this blog. I like this post because it gives the useful idea about on this topic.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Las vegas chiropractor

    ReplyDelete