Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"Knock Knock!!" "Whose there?" "Chiropractic!"


Just a recap for a new reader, My husband graduated from Logan College of Chiropractic/ Logan University Chesterfield, MO August 2008. He was not only class president for many semesters, clinicians assistant, but he was awarded master of Logan Technique in his class. We bought a 6 year old practice in his home town, worked our asses off, closed the practice over 2 years later (probably because my personal goal was to last at least 2 years even with no working capital running a cash practice), moved north to the biggest county in Utah where he made nothing Associating forcing him in to other avenues of income. He became a Chemistry Secondary Educator and we lived happily ever after!


I changed our families stars last fall when I obtained my Producer's license in Health and Life insurance. I actually landed a captive agent position with a reputable healthcare insurance company which equals security because it is a salary plus commission situation. My husband has since resigned his teaching job and is supporting me in my career as I move us out of State. It is safe to say that this Utah chapter of our lives is closed. He will be transferring his Utah teaching license to the new state and resuming a career of educating teens and producing rock and roll. Honestly, if I wore the pants, I would insist he just be a stay at home daddy and focus on his rock and roll exclusively!



As it stands now, he is still licensed in Utah as a chiropractor and has no intention of getting a license in our new state unless there becomes an opportunity worth the effort. It is quite expensive to maintain credentials of any profession and sadly, Chiropractic has betrayed us enough to know not to invest in it unless there is a solid reason to do so based on fact not good ideas about implementing it. Chiropractic has been nothing short of a JOKE.


I love LOVE and can't discount the experience as the premier Chiropractic Assistant to my husband and his office manager coupled with over 15 years of Medical Assisting that contributed to me obtaining such a brilliant career that will not only sustain our family, but provide it with everything I ever expected from Chiropractic: a little free standing living space, money for food, dates, vacation once or twice a year, car, insurance, and security. Joke's on you Chiropractic Profession! It's MY TURN!!

Now a scene from my life that gave me a chuckle. Part of my job is to market and I was at an event earlier this month with my table and Medicare SNP plan information placed between the ever popular and lovely Scentsy table and the National Guard. Prime location! As I set up the day of the event a woman walking down the booth aisles wearing a black shirt with NEON green writing that said, "IT WORKS" and the back of it said, "GET YOUR SEXY BACK". I shit you not, she stopped by the Scentsy booth and said, "MMmmmmm YAY Scentsy, my favorite table at conventions!! Do you have X, X, and X scents?" The excited Scentsy rep produced her scent requests hoping for an instant sale. The girl sporting the shirt said, "We have a booth just down the way a little bit giving free massages, care to trade?" The Scentsy rep said, "We don't do that." Man did I remember those days!! When she walked by my table I blasted her with, "PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME" Energy. It worked until half way through the event when she stopped to check my stuff out where I didn't volunteer any information about the fact that I was married to a chiropractor but asked if she was. She said she was not but the office assistant running the screening booth. When we were in practice we traded fresh eggs, veggies, quilts, legal advice, and our livelihood for chiropractic services. I don't miss that at all.


FUNNY!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Neck pain is one of modern medical care, disability, or physical therapy. However, studies have shown that spinal adjustments can help.
    Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really interesting post. I will be honest, I have never pictured it being so difficult to run a successful chiropractor practice, but it makes sense. I commend you for working so hard and supporting him. I am from Utah and I know how hard it is to run a business there. Congrats!

    Spencer James | http://www.drreedmoeller.com/Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a difference. Congratulations on your career. It does take a lot of effort to get a chiropractic license in a new state. I don't blame him for the decision one bit. http://www.brookchiropractic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to share nice information about chiropractic massage. Well we are also a leading chiropractic waterloo massage therapist. We are recognized as a well known Waterloo Chiropractor, Waterloo Massage , chiropractor waterloo, Chiropractic Waterloo, Massage Waterloo Waterloo Chiropractic. For more information visit us at www.waterloospineandsports.com.au

    ReplyDelete