Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Comment Chiropractic Conundrum

Hello my faithful and friendly followers. I think there are about 2 of you all together and I have neglected you most severely. That is because I changed my stars!! Not only did I pass a test, get a producers license in Health/Life insurance, and get a grown up job that makes 3 times what my sweet husband makes, but I finished writing one of my books. My focus was on that stuff.....but hey, here I am. Regretfully my book isn't about chiropractic at all!! It is being published this month under my pen name and it's not a book that is socially kosher.

Surprised? I don't just muse about being a Chiropractor's Wife you know! When one is well adjusted the sky is the limit!!!


So I came here to do some housekeeping and provide you with a well deserved entry! First of all let me tell you, I moderate the comments and there must be a glitch because there are so many that I am drowning in them and had no notice that they even existed! I approved most of them but man, oh man, really? If you want to publicize your practice I am 100% for it but I'd rather you just do it, not try to sneak it in compliments! I see right through it. Busted!! I see you!! It's annoying!


As for you positive "Look at me, I am so rich from chiropractic. I worked my ass off and ignored losers like you to get to where I am." I appreciate those too. I really do. You deserve all the success and we deserve the business education you have to offer when you tell us in your spirited comments that only 5% of small businesses make it no matter what field you go into. Yes. Thank you. Thank you so much. Listen, it isn't okay. Those facts are completely unacceptable. It is not okay that modern chiropractors are in such a gross amount of debt due to the cost of education. An education that costs that much would do well to take some of that profit and purchase educational programs so that people like my husband had a shot. The secret is out! People... follow your bliss. If that bliss is chiropractic, win the lotto first.

Since you are busy and a tad lazy like me, I will once again explain the point of this blog. This blog exists to share my experience as a Chiropractors Wife. I tell you everything in hopes that you will avoid this for yourself. My story is not unique or rare...it is THE MAJORITY. If you want to ignore my story and others like it, go ahead. I sleep well at night either way. Perhaps the unique thing I will admit, is that our marriage is still in tact. Now that is rare whether you marry a woman chiropractor or a man!!


As per our 2013 tax return the Mobile Chiropractic business we started in September made $850.00. I think that is great!! So far for 2014 it hasn't made a penny. My husband teaching chemistry full time obviously deflects the time and attention from that endeavor resulting in less money. A no brainer. From experience, we prefer this situation to putting all the time and talent into the chiropractic only to be living in poverty. No thanks. His overhead to maintain his license, insurance, gasoline, and CE credits will use every penny that this mobile chiropractic has brought in. So alas, it is an expensive, but rewarding hobby. Family can depend on him for a lifetime of relief for free. It makes us feel really good at night but it doesn't pay the bills. My husband got into that field to help people, AND make money.

I have just decided my next post will be my survey results. You guys are going to LOVE it. I actually have to buy the results since the responses grossly outnumbered my free 100 response limit. When I upgrade my account, I'll be able to access every one of them to accurately make each one count. The results totally, completely, and utterly validate my entire blog. I can't wait to show you!!!

15 comments:

  1. Hi, found your blog randomly. Like your blog! This relates to pharmacy. Jobs are low and businesses are slaving and making cuts to salary and benefits. Schools are worst banking in on people too. Go you getting out. Keep posting of updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Trying to keep faith something will workout. However After 2 years back at home state after leaving Life University had a few job interviews. Most of the time it seems very promising until the company runs a Credit check then no reply. It's we're very interested in you, but you have a degree and too much debt. I'm thinking of Truck driving. Yes driving 18 wheelers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.

    Searching best Chiropractor in denver

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to ignore my story and others like it, go ahead. I sleep well at night either way. Perhaps the unique thing I will admit, is that our marriage is still in tact. Now that is rare whether you marry a woman chiropractor or a man!!

    why is this the case? Just curious for my own sake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow those numbers are crazy.. I'm currently an undergraduate student looking into eventually going into physical therapy or chiropractic. Or I WAS looking into chiropractic, lol. I'll definitely be checking out your other posts.

      Delete
  5. Chiropractors are so helpful and really do change people's lives. I am super grateful that chiropractors could help me and so many other people too. I really am happy that I got some chiropractic help awhile back. It has changed my life for the better and I am so happy about these things too.
    Jak Manson | http://www.branchburgchiropractic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was going to school to become a chiropractor for awhile so I was in your shoes! His brother ended up becoming a chiropractor instead, but it would have been interesting to see how our lives would have turned out if he had chosen that career path. I'm really loving your blog! Please keep posting! http://www.bridgestchiropractic.com/en/chiropractic.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am guessing that your back usually is feeling great. I love the back massages that I get from my wife. I am guessing that his back massages are the best.

    William | http://www.owenschiropractic.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog. I will admit I was hoping for some encouraging words. That is can be done! You can do this!! But alas you are in the same spot as us, only I don't work (outside the home). I do think taking care of my hubby and 8 blessings is a full time and beyond job. Our marriage is also still very much intact! My Hubby graduated Palmer in 2010.......we are still in poverty...........and looking like no sign of relief anytime soon! We have tired starting two practices now. First one was a total bust. This current one atleast pays his office rent. They teach you NOTHING about business at school. Yes, they are GREAT doctors when they get out of school (atleast my hubby is.....he really cares about helping people---but that doesn't pay the bills) but they no nothing about how to earn the money to stay open. And associating is like a slap in the face for all the debt we have and they time they put into earning money for someone else! Please if there is any encouragement in you......SHARE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fierce! Enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for sharing your journey! Will definitely read your next blog!

    neck pain scranton pa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, how do you keep from going insane or depressed and give up, Sophia? There have been many times I want to throw in the towel and call it quits on our marriage but I love him so much and I want it to work out so much for him. I know he wants the same thing that's why after 6 years he's still hanging in there disappointment after disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Great blog and should be required reading before anyone enters Chiropractic college. I attended Life college 24 years ago. I am from New Zealand and it seemed that it wouldn't be too hard to make a living. It was virtually all cash Practice and I had zero debt. I had a home practice but a real fight and eventually got to where I was making a living. I was never one of those chiros who believed chiro could cure everything or got people in for a ton of visits. I had a good reputation but the ongoing worry and concern about getting new patients, not having holidays grinds you down. There is value in this profession and I have had great moments in changing peoples lives. I don't see medical doctors as the opposition, in my experience they are ignorant of what chiro can do. But on the whole they are too busy to care too much.
    I have regrets about it and feel sick when I see young chiros going to Malls and markets to try and get patients. In most jobs if you are good at it, and work at it you will do well, not this one. There are no guarantees. I left the profession and teach chemistry too, earn about U$87,000 and get 13 weeks holiday a year. I have done well in it , I don't have to sell, I have security. I enjoy it and even won a prize for being the best teacher in the country.Don't be afraid to change if things aren't going well. Best decision I ever made, wish I had done it sooner. There are other things that can make you happy. Good luck to all the wives, mine still has nightmares about that period in our life. Currently counting down to another 2 week holiday in 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just don't understand, there are people who make money doing Chiropractic. I have a great uncle (Helped with his taxes 180,000 2009, working 4 days a week) and an uncle (not sure what he makes). The average Chiropractor makes over 150,000 a year in AK according to the BLS. I don't understand why someone would open a practice in a state with a lot of other chiropractors, that also has a low average income. My cousin just graduated Chiro School and in 1 year will be opening his own practice. Chiropractic I know is difficult, you have to get patients and work hard. But it also seems simple enough to make money at it, more patients= more money. I have seen my cousin go out and set up so many booths to get patients, he gets about 2-4 (6-8 hour day) a day to come see him at the practice he is working for. If you want to make money see 60 patients a day. I guess is what I am saying is NONE of the Chiropractor relatives I have are poor, they do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to find a good chiropractor in my new city, I have always had back problems. I think it would make my work day easier if my back wasn't hurting. I'm on my feet all day for one of my jobs, and sitting down all day for another, I'd love to be comfortable during both jobs. http://chiropractorgreenville.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little late to the blog, but Im finding it very interesting! I really want to become a chiropractor myself so this is giving me some great insight. I want to follow in my brothers steps, this is a link to his practice :) Cole Chiropractic

    ReplyDelete