Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Big Ballin' Chiropractor

In a week and a day I will have been married to my husband for 10 years. I am so glad 1/3 of that marriage was me keeping our little kids quiet so he could study the many hours involved in completing requirements to be a doctor of chiropractic. Boy has it paid off! I am sporting a 4ct 3 stone diamond ring set in 2 toned 14K gold because I earned it! It wasn't easy filling out welfare applications for our family every 6 months to ensure he could keep his head down and focus on his studies to stay on track to graduate in 2008 on time! If any of you are ever in Salt Lake City, UT and want a ride I would love to take you somewhere in my 2012 Hybrid Toyota Highlander that is decked out with all the bells and whistles including back seat DVD player which comes in handy for our frequent road trips to Las Vegas and California! The weather has been so very nice lately. The landscaping in our front and back yard is really coming together especially since we've hired people this year to take care of it. After all, an acre estate isn't easy to maintain all on our own. My husband is thinking about installing a lovely area where we can host social gatherings and perhaps include a jacuzzi. Now that our kids are getting to both be school age this fall I have decided to hire a personal trainer, personal chef and massage therapist to maintain my wellness regimen! I'll see you at the Whole Foods market since it is the ONLY place I shop these days which is a far cry from my local chain grocer I was use to! Let me know if you ever want to join us skiing next season. We are season pass holders to Alta and we own a cabin in Park City with a couple other friends so accommodating you wouldn't be entirely out of the question! My husband is half way done obtaining his pilot license. Hopefully the same friends we own the cabin with will go in on a small plane as well so we can take turns flying all around! Being married to a chiropractor is THE BEST!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice lie. Going frOm broke a month ago to now. Good luck with that lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIE? or simply fantasy? You decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband graduated in 1984 and we have made a nice living from chiropractic.it hasn't always been easy. And I believe in today's health care climate it is near impossible but there are some doing ok in Phoenix.They are in group practices, or like ours, we have a 29 year base and contracts on all managed care plans. We designed a simpler lifestyle as the profession changed.

    I am not sure a blog like yours is useful in any way,though. (Except to vent frustration? ) You sound very frustrated, often angry, and it's obvious your husband and maybe even you, are in need of better employment prospects.Since your husband is half way to a teaching degree, why not focus in a joyful manner on changing careers.Maybe even you too!? I worked as an RN in the early years to help us get started. I did not go back to school till my early 30's.

    Now,I work part time in my astrology work.And I have learned a lot from studying Anthony Robbins, Wayne Dyer,and other teachers, and learning to focus on what i CAN accomplish,and moving on from mistakes..

    Focusing on the negative will only hurt you further and it sheds an awful light on the chiropractic profession,which I respect immensely.

    If you feel you needed to alert prospective chiro students about the lack of opportunity out there,I believe you have made your point! And, really, I think most folks already sort of know that any kind of health care right now is a rough road for employment.My family MD is also retiring early due to stress,paperwork, and disgust. The naturopaths in our area also join groups, do not go it alone. And some have had to retrain in other professions, as they do not have a head for business.

    I hope you find some shred of happiness in some sort of good work, and in your family. It IS possible to get retrained.It sounds like that is the only option for you and your husband.Teaching is an honorable profession!.I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you comment Madeline. Your own brief description of your journey validates my feelings on the climate that is and was chiropractic. My blog is only useful in hoping to shed light on the fact that Chiropractic is not a great return on investment. With all due respect my husband paid over 150K for his chiropractic education. I hope prospective students will abstain from enrollment. While it isn't the only profession that isn't a good return on investment, it is dramatically not worthwhile. The negativity you are gathering from my posts come from your own perception. If you read what I read we have been making lemonade out of lemons since graduation. This blog tells the truth of a real life post chiropractic education experience and sadly does contain a lot of sad/negative experiences that compel me to share. Therapy, yes. This blog is my therapy. My husband is still licensed, insured, and practicing. I am in the medical field and have been for over 14 years. It's a decent living.
    Despite your perception I love chiropractic. Our family benefits from it and we wish others would too but they don't want to. This is 2012!? Commercials are not flooding the TV or magazines about what chiropractors are or how well they are trained. It is sad. I invite you to read the entire blog so you may glean positivity from our entire experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole thing is scary! I am in chiropractic school for a second career. I am so worried that I have screwed over my spouse and our future. I will owe a lot of money when I finished. I am at the halfway point, a full time manager of Mc Donald's makes more money that the average chiropractor.

    Its funny if you bring this up at school , they act like I am making this up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly feel like this post is by far my best post. Can you imagine???? I love day dreaming. This is how it was supposed to go!!!

    ReplyDelete