Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Broke Doctors Anonymous

There should be a safe place to be honest about being a licensed physician and broke. I've talked about bankruptcy before and we are JUST finally getting around to it. I turned in all of our paperwork and most of the fees yesterday. We also had the pleasure of paying my husbands mal practice insurance again. It felt like we just barely paid it!? Oh, wait, I already mentioned that in my last post! Forgive me!!!
I found myself digging into my dear husband yesterday with spite and full fledge PMS hissy fit about how he has never been able to provide for our family. It turns out to be a tad absurd considering I stayed home the entire year last year unemployed and carefree. Leave it to PMS to bring to pass hidden resentments about the path we have walked together.
I honestly feel like my husband can't catch a break. By no fault of his own, besides perhaps not being willing to just grab everyone who crosses his path off the street and force them into being his patient, he seems to not be in demand whatsoever. I wonder if what I am witnessing is a slow demise of his chosen profession and a dying desire to offer people a service nobody thinks they need. I sure hope me taking a great full time job doesn't mean we get to pay a house payment in student loan payments monthly ever ensuring we remain living in cramped dwellings henceforth.
Besides all that he just started teaching his Astronomy unit and loves it. I love seeing him excited about teaching and sharing his knowledge with young minds most usually unwilling to receive. In this case, doctor means teacher and teacher means broke!

1 comment:

  1. I was a chiropractor for 8 yrs and got out! It is not worth the investment, here is my story as well!

    http://expensiveeducation.weebly.com/

    I got out and I am so much happier now!

    I am going to link to your site as well

    ReplyDelete