Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Side dish Chiropractic is like Balut

Do you eat Balut? I didn't think so but that won't take for granted the millions upon millions who consider balut an awesome side dish for a meal! Eluding to the previous blog where I painted a pretty picture where teaching was to be our main dish and avenue to making a living and chiropractic would be like the bonus corn on the cob or something desirable like french fries still on the plate I have now down graded that side dish to balut. I do realize it is a terrible choice because unlike balut, chiropractic isn't as desired by the general masses of any geographical region of the world to my knowledge!!

Today was the first day that my husband decided to arrive for clinic hours since taking the teaching job which meant he had to have a meeting with the guy who owns it and navigate their goals, explain the further limited availability my husband can offer for a time, and get on the same page whatever that ends up being. What it ended up being was the end of our "Independent Contracting Associate Position". Ideally I'd have preferred to maintain a place of practice for my husband so that as we continue to pursue these other avenues of income we can concurrently grow a clientele and replace the hospital job altogether with evening clinic hours 3pm-7pm but no matter because that won't be happening now.

Now I get to help pack up his office which I consider to be quite a nice room and live with it in our living room officially placing chiropractic on hold altogether at this point. Our living room will feel like a storage shed!! It never gets old being a chiropractors wife!

I am also completely off the wall excited about where my husband can end up when all is said and done! Perhaps our living room will be a fine alternative to any office in the area! I can bake fresh cookies and schedule his appointments and let prospective patients know we only accept 20 people or families at any given time creating a waiting list to those who desire my husbands hands on their spine!!

Oooh! Or I can just start soliciting oober wealthy people and offer my husband as their own exclusive personal chiropractor. We shall see..... My mind is a wonderland!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. So no more chiropractic work at the office? Was he essentially fired? Wow. I like your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure you can say he was fired but at this level of professional relationships it isn't exactly the right word! The dude just wants to make more money off that room and nobody can blame him for that! My husband has been there since last Oct and it has been a dead office ever since despite thousands of dollars and $1,000 of our own to beef it up! There is a magical dream land most younger chiropractors insist on staying in and my husband has woken up exploring avenues that will actually make money. The dude that owns it wants to bring in a guy or a 3rd massage therapist and make money off of that room and do nothing. With no receptionist and no good energy in that office he will have a heck of a time manifesting that dream for himself. My husband feels really good about it. It has been a HUGE time waster anyway and now with his schedule being even more limited later this month it isn't worth it! Watching him dress up for clinic 3 days a week has been nice but it was for not!! Let's just hope he pays my husband the peanuts he has earned since May. Nows a good time to brag that patients occasionally were seeing my husband behind the guys back for cash because they preferred his adjustments. Honestly, it would be great to have a place to practice lightly and locally around his other jobs but chiropractic is being cut off like a desperate alcoholic because its done nothing but take money. IN fact, I am looking at a bill for my husbands next mal practice installment and cringe. Being a chiropractor is expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you a year ago to get out of this field. Chiropractic will slowly suck the real life out of your husband. Trust me my wife was in your shoes 5 years ago. All my equipment is now in the garage and do not get me wrong I was just like your husband and was a damn good adjuster. When your husband finally realizes to stop trying to make a few bucks doing this he will focus his attention on something like he is doing now teaching. I feel for you guys. We were there 5 years ago. They are pumping so many kids out into the real world not k owing that people just do not use chiropractic. If they would just look back to when they were trying to get patients in school what a joke. Good luck girl you will need it until he finally realizes to get rid of all chiro shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I guess we obeyed! So, tell me, do you eat balut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if Balut is like chiro I threw that shit In the trash a long tome ago. If it looks like shit and smells like shit then it must be chiropractic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The foundation of chiropractic care for chronic back pain is the understanding that misaligned vertebrae can cause the pain. This misalignment can result in many additional problems, such as headaches, body pains and impaired joint mobility. Chiropractic treatment aims to restore alignment to the vertebrae, returning natural health to the spine and all the body parts the spinal nerves serve. waukesha wi chiropractors

    ReplyDelete