Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dear Prospective Chiropractic Students

Listen up! Pay attention! If you are already a chiropractic student in Tri 1-8 it is NOT too late to get out and do something else! The schools want you to believe you are stuck and your brain does the math considering the investment but I along with hoards of others are here to tell you IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!! Just this morning in a tired stupor my husband said, "It feels like we are 10 years behind everyone." We are just entering our 30s so we actually feel like we are early 20s all over again but this time we have two little creations in the mix! If you are too lazy to read our story let me tell you that my husband is a brilliant man, passed everything with flying colors, was clinicians assistant, class president and bought a practice in his home town after school. We consider ourselves to be text book models of how to do things right! What we didn't know is we were following in the steps of countless many who 'did it right' and were destined to live in poverty with a Doctors debt hanging over your head. Don't do it! The Return on investment is so bad that those who do make it are as rare as a lottery winner! Look at the stats on the default rate on chiropractic student loans. Don't believe me? Here is government stats! May their names scream at you from the dust and implore you to heed my warning!
http://defaulteddocs.dhhs.gov/DisciplineList.asp?Discipline=Chiropractic&Due=51982083

Here is a nice comment about my blog from a DC:
I read all your blogs and it seems like you and your husband are living the chiro dream (which is actually a nightmare). Like some many other people, you and your husband keep hoping that your ship will come in and your husband will be able to make a living at this field. I stayed in this profession for 8 long, broke years. I did everything to make this profession work, spinal screenings at malls, Wal-Mart, grocery stores, computer shows, gun shows, swap meets, fairs, retirement homes, you name it, I set up a booth there. I did talks at companies, advertising, door to door surveys. joined networking groups, etc. I even hired a girl to do telemarketing for me. I tried so hard to make it work that I wouldn't even take a day off 6 months out of the year. I made good money at times but it was always followed by a longer period of being broke. I would highly recommend your husband do something else that he enjoys. If he wants to continue to practice in the evenings let him, but once he gets into something that can actually support a family he won't want to. Moving to Texas will not solve your problems. Please have your husband look at this site and make him realize that it does not bet better.


The site he is referring to is http://chirotalk.proboards.com/index.cgi

1 comment:

  1. I just looked at the default list. My name's not on it, but only because, like thousands of others, I consolidated and then signed up for IBR. I graduated seven years ago, and have never been able to pay down my student loans by even one cent!
    dkdc

    ReplyDelete