Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Now Hiring



Job Description
Chiropractic Office in Midvale is looking for an outgoing and friendly clinic employee.
Some receptionist and medical assistant duties. Personality is more important than experience. We will train the right person. Our schedule is Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 8-1:00 and 2:30-6:30, also Tuesdays 11:30-3:30.
The ideal candidate would have a positive and dynamic personality. This position offers a great work environment with excellent pay.
Responsibilities will include scheduling appointments over phone and in person, greeting all incoming clientele, insurance verification, collecting payments, creating patient files and assisting with therapy as needed. Any chiropractic office, medical or dental experience is a plus but not necessary.
We would love to meet you! Please apply in person and be ready to interview for this great position! We are located at
Come join our team! We look forward to meeting you!
Requirements
Any chiropractic office, medical or dental experience is a plus but not necessary. Personality is more important than experience. We will train the right person.


I am sorry. I just can't help but laugh at this job posting. I have been a Medical Assistant for 11 years, and a Chiropractic Assistant for 2 and can't help the irony! Before marriage I primarily worked in out patient medical office clinics as a back office MA. I preferred the patient interaction and loved sporting my skills. It gave me the opportunity to work with the doctors and be their right hand help without exposure to vomit, wiping butt, or lot's of schooling and liability. My least favorite aspect was the medication refill pile waiting for me at the end of every shift! In medical offices the front office work was entirely different. In fact, you'd very typically have a separate person for each job: reception/phones, and billing/collections. All making about $10-$15 an hour or more.

In a typical chiropractic office and this one advertising obviously, one gets the pleasure of doing front AND back office work! Anyone not having an image of Dick Van Dyke on Mary Poppins playing his one man band contraption??

The kicker is, when I did it I worked for free! I brought my glowing personality to work every day! I loved our patients. They were people to me! None of my part was fake. Granted we were less busy so to justify paying more and heaping on the responsibility at first glance seems respectable. I am sure it is not.

I almost have half a mind to go for this job just for kicks. To actually get paid "$9.50-$10 DOE" as the ad advirtised would be a dream come true! Oh please, yes, to get paid to do it ALL and as a bonus get blamed for their lack of retention or new patients numbers would be fantastic! At least in this office, I wouldn't have to sleep with the provider on top of it all! ;o)

I hope Chiropractors everywhere learn this secret sooner than later, if you are going to employ a dynamite CA worth her weight in gold, you better consider paying $20-$25 an hour!!! It is criminal not to! I know many do have spectacular people getting a whopping $11 (or less) an hour with healthy bonuses ($1,000 or less) at the end of the year when they are making you far, far more!? Nothing motivates like money!

No comments:

Post a Comment