Chiropractor's wife!

Chiropractor's wife!
Have Curves In All The Right Places?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Student Loans

I hate the price of chiropractic school vs what one makes when they graduate. It is such a scam. I just got a letter from my husbands former school acknowledging we've missed some payments on one of their federal loans. Odd thing is we consolidated our federal loans 2 years ago! I don't think we would have missed this if it were legitimate. I have half a mind to write them a well written letter suggesting that they over looked a scholarship in the exact amount we owe. Besides, their fees are bogus. The price of school turns Logan College of Chiropractic into more of a pimp than a respectable institution for higher learning! I feel like hiring someone to investigate our schooling fees and money exchanged to expose their immoral practices. I really feel they take advantage of students! I feel like if we were more involved in the process from start to finish rather than, "Mr/Ms Chiropractic Student, please report to financial aide to sign this form." It's just crazy. Believe me, I get ripped off all the time but to contemplate the scale of this is immoral! What can I do? Nothing. Just blog about it.

IN my time of angst I read these articles to justify it!
www.rebuildyourback.com/articles.php
www.rebuildyourback.com/articles.php

2 comments:

  1. girlie, i hear ya!!!! SO frustrating. we want to write a letter suggesting they stop graduating chiros at such a quick rate and maybe consider helping them figure out all this crap before graduation. there have been what, 70-100 grads three times a year since we left....1200 from logan alone!?!?! at $175,000 per grad, that's $210,000,000 in student loans - THAT'S ABSURD!!! Erik wants to write a letter to obama suggesting he forgive student loans (instead of big corp CEOs) to see these working people buy homes and put their money back into the economy. yeah. whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modern day slavery perhaps?? Grossly over priced education to earning ratio anyone? It's happening in all the professions these days (so it seems) Thanks for the comment Lisa...NOBODY ever comments! ha ha ha Nice to have 'A' chiro wife groupie!

    ReplyDelete